** UPDATE: COMMENTS ARE WORKING! Just click the individual post title, you can't leave them on the main page.


Weird. **

2.10.2014

Teeny-tiny Ulta Haul

Smile
{2 of my 3 drawers for lip products}

I started to organize some of my makeup this weekend, and posted this picture on Instagram.  My second cousin commented that I don't need anymore lipstick, so of course, I went to Ulta today to buy more...  I wanted to swatch a few eye shadow pallets, and check out the NYX Butter Glosses.  This is my new obsession.  I go and swatch something, and then sleep on it before buying...  After the Urban Decay Naked 3 fiasco, one never be too careful...

I love Urban Decay, it's no secret... LOVE them!  I can't wait for the day when I own every.single.eyeshadow.  Imagine my excitement when last December the Naked 3 eye shadow palette was released...  It was all anyone in the beauty blogosphere and on Youtube were talking about, I couldn't wait.  Of course I went out and bought it the morning it came out... Ulta hadn't even managed to get it on the display yet.  I brought it home, opened it up... and... womp womp.

The eye shadow palette as a whole, is full of warm, pinkish shades...  which I know I don't ever wear... Really warm eye shadows {think MAC Woodwinked} tend to make my skin look really sallow and sickly.  Pink, mauve, red, and most warm purples and reddish-browns make me look like I've got a case of contagious conjunctivitis, a la Bob Costas; but this is Urban Decay, so I purchased it anyway.  I owned the palette for a total of three days and then returned it after about twenty people asked if my eye was ok.  What a disappointment.


Anyway, today I went to swatch the Smashbox Full Exposure palette to see if maybe it's something I want to buy.  I also wanted to check  out the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette, and some of their other palettes.  I'll say right off the bat that the matte colors in the Smashbox palette were beautiful.  however, half of the shades are shimmery, and those were not good at all.  There was a ton of glitter {to the point of mad fallout}, but the color payoff just wasn't there... They were almost sheer.  I was so sad, because the palette is beautiful! I really loved the Too Faced Natural at Night palette and the Boudoir Eyes palette as well as three  Stilla palettes: The Natural, Not So Nude, and Dare to Bare.  I don't own any Stila products, except for a trio I purchased a few years back {and have never used}.  I loved the products when I swatched, I'm just not sure about their quality, any thoughts?

Anyway, I left feeling defeated, but not empty handed... Oh no!  I got a few little goodies.

Smile




From left to right: Maybelline Color Elixer by Color Sensational Lipgloss in Petal Push, NYX Butter Gloss Sweet Temptations Trio - Éclair, Cherry Pie & Apple Strudel, NYX round lipstick in Paparazzi, & NYX Roll-on Eye Shimmer in Pink {for a fun Valentine's Day look}, NYX Blush in Bourgeois Pig.





post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so tell me what you think!