** UPDATE: COMMENTS ARE WORKING! Just click the individual post title, you can't leave them on the main page.


Weird. **

8.22.2008

The Great & Terrible




I am on a reading frenzy this summer. I just finished the first book of the Great & Terrible Series, and can I just say, I ♥ it! The story begins in the premortal existence, just after the Grand Council where Jehovah and Lucifer both presented their plans for salvation. It follows a family through the days after, and then ends just as it gives a brief introduction to each of the siblings' earthly lives. I've only seen Saturday's Warrior once, and it was a long time ago, but I think this is the same basic principle.

Although I know it is fictional, this book had me thinking and questioning about my role here. I heard it said that if the veil was lifted and we could catch just a glimpse of who it is we are supposed to be, that Satan would have no power... While reading, I though a lot about who I was, who I am, and who I will be. I thought about my trials and wondered if I'd be a disappointment to my premortal self... It was deep stuff, but it was inspirational to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so tell me what you think!