** UPDATE: COMMENTS ARE WORKING! Just click the individual post title, you can't leave them on the main page.


Weird. **

7.26.2009

The Week in Review

Last week my Uncle Steve flew in from Prague for his birthday, and for the 24th of July. Steve is the "favorite" child of my grandparents, so anything he wants he gets... Which ends up being great for all of us. We had a smorgasbord of food and goodies. Including surprise cupcakes (I'll post a recepie) and Powdrell's!
Powdrell's BBQ is a place in Albuquerque, NM. My grandparents used to live there and we'd always eat it for dinner when we'd visit them. We haven't had it in years, and we all miss it like crazy. Well apparently they now ship their BBQ sauce! So my grandma paid nearly $100 to have some sent our way so that we could have BBQ pulled pork and beef sandwiches! It was sooooo good!

Tuesday we didn't have much to do so we went down to Boulder to see the Hoover Dam and the new bridge to get across it. It was really neat. I've driven over the damn more times than I can count, but I've never played tourist and walked along or really paid attention to all that is there.

I occured to me upon seeing this, that I've never seen a "Bridge" in real life. Itsn't that strange??? The arches didn't quite touch yet, and there were men walking up and down both arches. As we walked closer we could see that each arch was covered with hundreds of stairs. Can you imagine the daily workout you would get just going to and from work?!?! Who needs P90X?

This was a fun picture looking down the damn. I was there with my Uncle, grandparents, and friend, and my friend suggested it would be fun to slide down... I think not.

We ate lunch in the cafe before heading home.

Lastly, I had to throw in this picture, because we all made so much fun of my aunt. Everyday she fills this JUG with Diet coke, and it lasts her all day!!! She swears the ice doesn't really melt so it doesn't really get watery.... Gross.

Anyway, the whole family left for St. George and then Panguitch on Wednesday, but I couldn't go because I had to work all weekend. Anyway, that's about it. Nothing too exciting.





post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so tell me what you think!