** UPDATE: COMMENTS ARE WORKING! Just click the individual post title, you can't leave them on the main page.


Weird. **

2.20.2012

Dating


After a breakup many people loathe the idea of dating. I don't. I actually really enjoy it. Sometimes dates are bad, and awkward and uncomfortable, but those are the best kind! I feel like at the very least they make for a really good story later on... Like the time I went out with the guy who checked me for cankles. I know that when most people get engaged they are super excited about the thought of never having to date again, but to be honest, it scared me. I am that girl at the buffet who has to walk around three or four times to make sure I've seen everything, only then can I decide what I want. The same goes for dating. I feel like I knowwhat I want from my future spouse, but I'm still looking for just the right person.  I only want to do it once, so I have to be absolutely sure.  When I get married I don't ever want to think, "I wish I had gotten a change to get to know that guy."  I want to be 100% excited, happy and content with the person I choose.

Many people don't agree with this idea. They say that it makes me a crazy person. Others think it's brave that I take the time to evaluate my feelings and act on them.

While I learned a lot from my last relationship, ultimately we went too fast. By the time we really started to get to know each other, I realized it was not what I wanted. However, we were already engaged and I felt like I had to work through the problems I was having because I had made a commitment.   I finally realized that he is a good guy, but he was not for me, and I'm positive that I am not the person he was looking for either. I prayed about my decision and decided that it is better to call off an engagement than potentially a marriage.

So, I'm dating again. And I'm happy.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so tell me what you think!