** UPDATE: COMMENTS ARE WORKING! Just click the individual post title, you can't leave them on the main page.


Weird. **

2.02.2012

Express Yourself




I didn't watch the super bowl. What? Am I the only one who just doesn't care? However, after all the Madonna half-time show blather, I find myself with the Immaculate Collection on repeat. Seriously, the woman has still got it!

I've been thinking a lot about my lack of blogging over the last few months and I've decide that for this year, my mantra is going to be "Express Yourself." I want to be better about "personal" blogging. I've been thinking about some of the top blogs I look forward to reading in my blog roll, and what I've discovered is that I like living vicariously through other people. I love the way these girls can take a simple event in their day, and turn it into a wonderful, well written memory worthy of a journal... that is after all, what I originally wanted this blog to be.

I feel like there is a lot going on in my life that I'd like to remember. Thoughts I have, feelings I'm feeling, decisions I'm making, and worries and concerns I'm trying to work through. I'm not great at expressing myself {emotional range of a teaspoon - remember?}, and I think taking time to really ponder and evaluate will help me in this regard.

That is one thing I really admire about {future} Hubs. He is a thinker/ponderer/planner. He thinks things through and is able to so eloquently put into words exactly what it is in head. I marvel every time he does it, mouth open, drooling, the works! I have come to know a lot of people with this talent, and they don't even realize that it's a super power! It's a quality I'm trying really hard to develop. Whenever I try to put my feelings/thoughts/concerns into words, I usually end up crying and mumbling something that doesn't make sense- think Kristen Bell & the Sloth meltdown.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so tell me what you think!