** UPDATE: COMMENTS ARE WORKING! Just click the individual post title, you can't leave them on the main page.


Weird. **

2.23.2012

Muscley Arms

The first time I met him, apparently I was "a jerk." I hear that a lot upon first meeting people , that I'm a jerk. I try to be friendly, I introduce myself, ask how they're doing... and then end the conversation and walk away. I guess it never occurred to me to get the life history of every person I meet right at that moment... Plus, I was already in a relationship so I didn't realize that maybe he was trying to pick me up. I can be so aloof.

A week or so later, I went out with my friends from church. Apparently they had adopted him into our circle of friends. Let's be honest, I thought he was hot, and so funny. We had a great time pretending to be statues on the moving sidewalks...



At one point I videotaped it, but afterwards couldn't get back over the railing of my west-bound-moving-sidewalk to their east-bound-moving-sidewalk. Before I knew I what was happening, I felt a strong pair of arms reach around my waist and pull me safely over. That was it! *Twitter-pated*  At that moment I knew I wanted to keep him.

We were becoming fast friends, and there was a chemistry between us that neither of us could deny. Pretty soon, we were spending every day together. Playing, laughing, getting to know each other. I was drawn to him in ways I couldn't understand, but I found that Miss Independent, wanted needed to be around him. I was filled with butterflies at the thought of spending time with him. I loved talking to him and I could open up to him in ways I haven't been able open to up to people before. We've had similar life experiences, and I found I could tell him anything and everything, feeling safe, because I knew he would never judge me.

Apparently, he felt the same thing. He was trying hard to keep his distance, but he needed to be around me too. He didn't know why, but he felt the need to protect me, to make me happy. He was often surprised at how quickly he trusted me, and told me about his life, his secret things, the kinds of things "just friends" don't usually disclose. With each life story I learned, I wanted to know more, I wanted to drink in every ounce of him.

I have never laughed as much in my life as I have since meeting him. My face constantly hurts from smiling. He is quickly becoming my best friend. I can be myself around him. My whole self! The good, the bad and the ugly self, and he likes it! He often tells me that he doesn't know why I like him and that he's afraid I'm too good to be true. "Whaaa? Me? Too good to be true? I'm just being me." To be honest, most of the time I feel like he is the one that is too good to be true. Liking him is easy. He makes it easy.

He is honest, he is direct, he's doesn't play games, he loves to have fun and laugh and dance! He sings to me and isn't embarrassed about it. He is kind and patient, he knows who he is, and ya'll... he is sexy!

I knew he was going to be a good thing, but I never imagined it would be this good.
post signature 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so tell me what you think!