** UPDATE: COMMENTS ARE WORKING! Just click the individual post title, you can't leave them on the main page.


Weird. **

10.24.2008

The Asylum

I was so excited that today I had a day off! Believe me, I am so thankful to have a job, and to be working in today's economy (see past post), but sometimes I just really excited for a little break. Well today I had planned to spend some time on my garden, and maybe carve some pumpkins with my brothers.
Well about 4:00pm my boss called me...
  • Michelle: Hi Morgan! I didn't think you were going to answer your phone!
  • Me: Hi Hunny, what's up?
  • Michelle: I know how excited you were to have a night off, but both of our hosts called in and we can't get a hold of anyone, could you come in just for like 3 hours during our dinner rush and maybe host?
  • Me: Ugh. I don't think I remember how to host, its been 2 years...
  • Michelle: Well think about it, and call me within the next hour, I'll buy you dinner!
  • Me: (whatta sucker) OK I'll come in.

So I went into work and was a host. I was so bored! I just stood at the front, occasionally took guests to a table, and answered the phone. I kept feeling like I should refill a drink, or clear dirty plates off a table, or ask if I could get someone anything else, I felt like I had to do SOMETHING. It was so easy I almost couldn't stand it!


Well, as promised I only worked about 3 hours and then went with my brother Evan, his girlfriend Keri, and Todd to go eat at Outback and see Griffin (who just started working there). YUM! Then we went to the Asylum on Alta and Rampart.



I am seriously a Freak about Halloween! I love haunted houses, and have been to all of them at least twice each! I love screaming, even though I hate getting scared! My biggest fear is that something will happen to me and I'll be in a situation where I'll need to scream but nothing will come out. So I look at Haunted Houses as good practice! It was a fun way to kick off the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so tell me what you think!