** UPDATE: COMMENTS ARE WORKING! Just click the individual post title, you can't leave them on the main page.


Weird. **

8.04.2011

Why I + Thursdays...



Would you believe that I woke up this morning at 8:20 and was at work, in my office ready to go by 8:30?  No I have not mastered the art of teleportation, I just really like Thursdays!  I like Thursdays so much so that if you look really close at the left side of my face, you'll see lines that my pillow case left on my face... 


But how did I get up, get dressed, hair curled, make-up on, and at my work computer in ten minutes?

Easy.  As soon as I woke up, I threw on the outfit I had set out the night before... Inspired by a Pinterest pin, it looks totally cute, casual and "me." 



I brushed my teeth and washed my face, and headed out for my car...  Last night, after Insanity, I showered and blow-dried my hair and then used a curling technique called the "sock bun."  I still haven't mastered it, because only one side of the head actually curled, the other side, well...  Anyway, I took out my bun in the car and pulled my hair half up. 


Hair done - in less than two minutes.  That's record time for me!  Next I shuffled through my purse and found some concealer, mascara and lip gloss.  Because my skin is looking so clear and amazing, that's literally all I need!  So folks, there you have it, a ten minute morning...

Now, back to why I love Thursdays...

  Every Thursday morning at work, we get bagels.  Yup, just for being such awesome employees.  I look forward to my whole wheat, egg, or potato bagel (whichever is left by the time I get to it) smothered in reduced fat cream cheese.  No it doesn't necessarily fall in line with eating raw, but it's too delicious to care.  Nom nom nom.

  Also, Thursdays at work mean Crazy Chicken Thursdays.  There is a small group of us, and I must specify that we are not a "club," who get together and have El Pollo Loco for lunch.  We have great conversations that keep most of us holding our sides from laughing so hard, and the food is delicious too.

  After work, I usually go to institute on Thursday nights.  Institute is sort of like a Bible study class, only because we are Latter Day Saints (Mormon), we study more than just the Bible.  We have an amazing teacher who not only makes the hardest of doctrine easy to understand, but is so entertaining and funny.

  Lastly, Thursdays = Jers-days.  Roughly translated, that means "Jersey Shore Thursdays" at my house.  We're obsessed!  It's a time when my whole family can come together, and gather around the TV in our t-shirts (t-shirt time!) and witness the unavoidable train wreck that is this show.
So now you know.  I love Thursdays!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so tell me what you think!