** UPDATE: COMMENTS ARE WORKING! Just click the individual post title, you can't leave them on the main page.


Weird. **

8.02.2009

Create


For those who don't have access to the video, here's the statement made by President Dieter F. Uchdorff:

Create

The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds or abilities we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before.
Everyone can create.
You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty. You might say, “I’m not the creative type.” If that is how you feel, think again, and remember that you are spirit [children] of the most creative being in the Universe. Isn’t it remarkable to think that your very spirits are fashioned by an endlessly creative and eternally compassionate God? Think about it. Your spirit body is a masterpiece created with the beauty function and capacity beyond imagination.
Creation is your opportunity in this life…
... And in the life to come.
Start small.
Creativity does not require a brush, a pen, or the keys of a piano.
Don’t let the voice of critics paralyze you.
You will make the world a better place.
Improve.
Beautify.
Extend.
Smile.
Cultivate.
Develop.
Create.
The more you trust and rely upon the spirit, the greater your capacity to create.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I loved this. Immediately upon hearing, I was inspired, and nearly moved to tears. I am so passionate about the creative process in all of its forms. Since I was a small child, I realized that I have a very difficult time expressing myself, whether I need a creative outlet, or to just put into words what it going on in my head. I've always looked for avenues and mediums that would help me in this regard. I am not, by nature a "Creative" person, but I research and study ALL THE TIME to try to develops that skill.
Photography started as a creative outlet, but has since turned into something else, so I've decided to start taking more photos for myself. I LOVE surrealism and I love creating things to that effect. I belong to a popular photography forum where a 365 project is quite popular. Basically you take (at least) 1 photo a day for 365 days. the results range from practicing technique to develop as a photography, or simply to "keep a journal" of sorts and track your personal growth.
I don't think I have the time, energy or patients for 365+ photos, but I think maybe I could manage a 52 weeks?? Don't hold me to it, but I'll try.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so tell me what you think!