** UPDATE: COMMENTS ARE WORKING! Just click the individual post title, you can't leave them on the main page.


Weird. **

5.20.2010

Thoughs on Thursday

It's been awhile since I've done a "brain dump" style post, so I thought today would be the perfect opportunity to share a few of the thoughts I've had lately.  This will also give me some more time to put together more vacation pictures.

It's only been three days, and I already really really really miss being on my cruise.  The first day I got home, I called BF to complain that my house doesn't have a soft serve machine, or an unlimited supply of bananas. {Tear}



Am I the only person on the planet who likes Ke$ha???  Granted, she dresses like a garbage pail kid, and looks like she might be sticky, her songs are really fun and catchy.  I'm digging her little rap-wannabe lyrics.  "Come put a little love in my glove box I wanna dance with no pants on, holla "  Seriously, adorable.

I have to admit that I have a statutory crush on the brother from The Wizards of Waverly Place.  Does anyone else think he is just adorable?  I sometimes wish that he and Alex weren't brother/sister so that they could hook up.  Is that wrong?  Oh, yes... I confess, I do watch Wizards of Waverly Place (on the Disney channel) as often as I can.


Why does Miley Cyrus talk like she has peanut butter smeared on the roof of her mouth?  More importantly, why is Miley Cyrus famous?  I just can't figure either of these out.  I thought her Hannah Montana show was semi-cute (except for when she tried to sing), but the whole singing on every major awards show, becoming an "A-List" actress, posing semi-nude, fashion icon, etc.  I just don't get it...


 Right before the semester ended, I attended a lecture on the inevitable extinction of Orangutans in the next 10 years.  Apparently, they are dying off left and right due to deforestation.  Whenever a young female orangutan is captured, she is sold into prostitution.  Yes, that's correct prostitution; if you don't believe me, google it.  According to our lecturer, Dr. Birute Galdikas, the "Jane Goodall of Orangutan research," the orangutan prostitution market is huge in Indonesia.  This is happening because, "young female orangutans have less inhibitions than human females."  I nearly threw up, a lot.


Did you know that drinking 3 glasses of chocolate milk per day can help burn fat and build muscle?  It's true, I saw it on CNN yesterday!  It has something do with the 3-servings-of dairy per day and low fat chocolate milk has less fat and more calcium than whole, white milk.  Drink up!


Happy belated hump day!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. So that whole protitution thing...pretty much just ruined my day. Not only is that disgusting, but the poor monkeys :( good lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously I found another person on the planet who likes Kesha? ;) I LOVE her!! http://jwestergard.blogspot.com/2010/04/confession.html
    I used to be a fan of Miley, but sadly I am no longer. The orangutan tid bit also made me very sad, but I'm glad to hear you had fun on your cruise

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so tell me what you think!