** UPDATE: COMMENTS ARE WORKING! Just click the individual post title, you can't leave them on the main page.


Weird. **

12.06.2010

High Ho

High Ho, it's off to work I go...

*Side note*  This reminds me of a story.  When we were little and my dad had just finished Pharmacy School, we only had one car... I'm sorry, excuse me... We had only one pimp minivan.  My mom would have to drag us out of bed at 9:30 every night, pajama clad, and put us in said pimp minivan to pick up my dad from work.  To ward off the sleepy-meltdowns we would sing:

Hi ho, hi ho
It's off to work we go
To see our Dad or he'll be sad
Hi ho, hi ho

Moving on

In the past I've always been able to blog when I should be doing something else.  "Hmmm study for my Biochemistry mid-term or write a blog post about my new favorite lipgloss."  That's when the magic happens.  My right brain says to my left brain, "You know what Lefty, your side already got the handedness, the least you can let me do is be creative!"  And so, I would blog.

The last time I wrote, I was struggling with a decision between taking an amazing- but full-time job or hurrying-up-and-finally-finishing-school-because-I've-now-surpassed-Tommy-Boy-and-this-is-getting-ridiculous.  It turns out I was able to do both, kind of.  I decided to take the job, and go to school, but instead of taking 13 credits, I dropped down to 9.  I wasn't happy, but I am an adult, and adults make sacrifices.

PS.  After about a week, my new hair color has faded quite a bit and started to really grow on me.  However, last night, I was really really really missing my blond.  Luckily, after the fading, there are a ton of blondie-pieces poking through!
Anyway, I started this job, and I L.O.V.E. it.  It's very different from anything I've done before, and I'm busy ALL.OF.THE.TIME.  From the time I get to work at 7:30am until I leave, I'm BUSY.  In fact, our office has been SO busy, that since I started working in August, there have only been 5 days where I didn't work overtime (and by overtime, I mean until 7-8 pm.  I've even worked a Saturday. Eww!)  It's good to be busy, but I'm ALWAYS tired.  After putting in a 10-12 hour work day, I still have to go home and study for a few hours before bed.  My only saving grace is that BF went back to school this semester to try for a 2nd degree, so instead of bugging me for more quality time, he's busy studying too.

So there it is, my other reason for Class 1 Blog Neglect.  After work and study, I throw on my sweatpants, and again the age old battle between right and left brain wages on.  Only lately, Logical Lefty wins out, and my free time is spent with my TiVo, catching up on Gossip Girl and Vampire Diaries, and an occasional DIY mani/pedi.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so tell me what you think!