** UPDATE: COMMENTS ARE WORKING! Just click the individual post title, you can't leave them on the main page.


Weird. **

12.22.2010

Oh Holy Night

Last weekend, I went with my family to see The Live Nativity.  Here in Las Vegas, the Live Nativity has been put on by the Las Vegas stake since 1990, except for last year, when we didn't have one.  This year, our stake took over the awesome task of the production.  Headed up by one of my best friend's parents, many people put in countless hours of work too see this Nativity come to fruition.

It was wonderful!  It was just what I needed to help me kick off the Christmas celebrations.  It's so easy to get wrapped up {no pun intended} in the hustle and bustle of buying gifts, decorations, attending parties, etc., that the true meaning of Christmas is often forgotten.

There are a few things I would like to point out:

1.  The costumes were incredible!  There was none of that "throw-on-a-bath-robe-and-a-bed-sheet-and-call-it-a-shepherd" business.  All of the costumes were sewn by volunteers {my grandma prides herself on hemming the sleeves of the Angels' costumes}, and were made of the most beautiful fabrics and crocheted pieces.

2.  The woman they cast as Mary was breath-taking.  The couldn't have chosen a better person for the part.

It was such a great experience, that I had to go a second time with BF.  He needs a little church in him!


I thought the Shepherd's reaction to seeing my oh-so-cute friend Natalie was priceless:



Seriously, they practically fell to the floor upon seeing her beauty!

And we ran into Grandma & Grandpa.

I have never before thought, until I saw this picture, that I looked like anyone in my family, but Grams & I have the same nose!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so tell me what you think!