** UPDATE: COMMENTS ARE WORKING! Just click the individual post title, you can't leave them on the main page.


Weird. **

12.01.2010

24/7

"Nothing lasts forever," or so the old saying goes.

Now days, that disheartening quote seems to ring true. For example, Eva Longoria and Tony Parker had just celebrated their third wedding anniversary when she filed for divorce. Everyone in Hollywood seemed to say, "Three years, wow! That was a pretty good run."

Despite the end of many relationships, us makeup junkies have reason to rejoice! Urban Decay just celebrated its 15th Anniversary!!! To commemorate this momentous occasion, UD is releasing a 15th Anniversary Collection of their 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencils.


Unlike Jackpot, and other previously released pencil packs from Urban Decay, the 15th Anniversary set includes 15 FULL SIZED eyeliners, with six all new limited edition shades (and a sharpener is included)! Sold individually, each UD eyeliner has a hefty price tag of $17.00, and the sharpener is $9.00. The retail value of this kit is $264.00, but the folks over at Urban Decay are giving it to us for just $92.00! That's 65% off, and we all know how much I love a deal!



The set will be available to all in January 2011 on the Urban Decay Website and where ever Urban Decay products are sold. However, because I am an exclusive customer (actually, I found out about this because I receive UD's promotional e-mails), I was able to purchase my pencils during their "sneak-peak-two-hour-limited-release" on Cyber Monday! Jealous? I thought so.

The colors included in this collection are as follows:


  • Stray Dog:  Mushroom-brown, taupe color.  (N)*
  • Corrupt:  Dark, chocolate-brown with warm amber undertones.  I am looking most forward to this shade, I love dark brown eyeliners!  (N)
  • Bourbon:  Medium-dark, warmed-up brown.  (P)**
  • Midnight Cowboy:  Shimmering champagne-peach with subtle metallic sheen. I just know I am going to love this color to add a pop of brightness on the inner corners of my eyes.  (N)
  • Baked:  Frosted copper-bronze. (P)


  • Stash:  Antique gold with a slight metallic sheen.  (P)
  • Mildew:  Forest green with subtle gold shimmer.  I have had this pencil for years, and I just love it! (P)
  • Perversion:  Rich, deep, dark black with a matte finish.  Hopefully Urban Decay adds this pencil to the permenant line because, it is one of the only dark, true black pencils I've found with all-day-wear and very similar to MAC's Feline Eye Kohl. (N)
  • Electric:  Bright, neon cyan-blue with hints of violet and soft-blue micro-shimmer. (P)
  • Binge:  Navy blue with a hint of violet and soft-blue micro-shimmer. (P) 
  • Ransom:  Fuchsia-tinged violet with soft sheen. (P)
  • Asphyxia:  Sheer fuchsia with fuchsia-violet shimmer and sheen.  (N)
  • Rockstar:  Rich eggplant with slight metallic sheen. (P)
  • Zero:  Black.  Normally I love this pencil, but I think Perversion just passed it up on my list of go-to-black-eyeliner pencils. (P)
  • Uzi:  Gunmetal silver with teal-green and silver micro-shimmer. (N)
I absolutely love the 24/7 Glide On pencils. I have really sensitive eyes - remember all those bouts of pink eye I've experienced this past year? Not actually pink eye, but irritation caused by make up products... sad face - but I don't experience any ocular issues with these babies. They glide on ultra smooth, have amazing color payoff, and unlike most Hollywood marriages, they last FOREVER, without smudging or running.

Normally-neutral-faced girls beware! The bold colors found here are not for the faint of heart. I would highly recommend this collection to any and all Urban Decay lovers, girls looking to have a little fun with their makeup, or maybe someone who wants to branch out and experiment with a little bit color.

24/7 from L to R: Stray Dog, Corrupt, Bourbon, Midnight Cowboy, Baked {Image Credit}

24/7 from L to R: Stray Dog, Corrupt, Bourbon, Midnight Cowboy, Baked {Image Credit}

24/7 from L to R: Stash, Mildew, Perversion, Electric, Binge {Image Credit}
24/7 from L to R: Stash, Mildew, Perversion, Electric, Binge {Image Credit}

24/7 from L to R: Ransom, Asphyxia, Rockstar, Zero, Uzi {Image Credit}
24/7 from L to R: Ransom, Asphyxia, Rockstar, Zero, Uzi {Image Credit}


24/7 from L to R: Stray Dog, Corrupt, Bourbon, Midnight Cowboy, Baked, Stash, Mildew, Perversion, Electric, Binge, Ransom, Asphyxia, Rockstar, Zero, Uzi {Image Credit}

* (N) - New/limited edition shade
**(P) - Permenant Shade

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so tell me what you think!