** UPDATE: COMMENTS ARE WORKING! Just click the individual post title, you can't leave them on the main page.


Weird. **

4.25.2011

Scenes from the Weekend Easter Edition







  It's good to know that at 25+2 I'm not too old to color Easter eggs.  This year I used neon colors, tons of glitter, and lots of stickers.  They were beautiful!

  Ev helped me build my vegetable garden bed on Saturday.  It turns out it I am not good with power tools.  After cracking the wood, and stripping 6 wood screws, we went back to Home Depot and exchanged the screws for nails.  It still took us a while, but after breaking 2 nails and 1 hammer, we finally found our "carpenter legs."  The whole time we were pounding away we talked about how cool it would be if we were like the guys on home makeover shows who only need three hits to get the 3 1/2" nail all the way in the wood.  Dad came out to help us finish up.... he's a three hit guy!  Awesome.

♥  Easter morning's air was filled with the scent of honeysuckle.  It was divine, but I got a migraine, itchy/red eyes and an itchy/stuffy nose from smelling them too much.  Stinkin' allergies!

♥  That Easter Bunny is getting really good at hiding eggs.  Some of them were really hard to find, and others just had clever little spots, like the one on Mr. Napping Frog!

  The Easter Bunny also brought me a Princess kite.  Luckily yesterday was a windy day so I spent the afternoon flying and singing the kite song from Marry Poppins... "Let's go fly a kite and send it soaring."

♥  I forgot to take pictures of my Easter dress, because, as usual, I was running late for church, but this was my outfit for the afternoon.  I'm pretty sure that these sunshine yellow, linen shorts are my new favorite article of clothing.

I hope everyone had a great weekend.  I sure did, except I did have an extremely embarrassing moment...  What's worse than breaking the Sabbath?

Breaking the Sabbath on Easter Sunday (cleaning up Saturday's mess included sweeping mountains of dirt off the front walkway) and getting caught by my old home teacher/ former Elder's Quorum President who's been away at Orthodontist school.  Even worse?  In my jammie pants, and tank top with a red Popsicle drip stain down the front, greasy hair, zero makeup, and un-brushed teeth.  Did I mention it was hot, and I was sweating?

I was thoroughly embarrassed.  He snuck up on me while I was sweeping, and gave me a big hug.  *Please don't smell my stink*  In stark contrast to my appearance, he was in his white shirt and tie, all ready for church.  *Facepalm* We ended up chatting outside for over 30 minutes.  It was really nice to see him, but the whole time we talked, I just kept wondering if he was looking at my dirty, un-flossed teeth.

Touche Sunday.  You win, from now on, I'll remember to get all my work done on Saturday.

post signature

2 comments:

I love comments, so tell me what you think!