** UPDATE: COMMENTS ARE WORKING! Just click the individual post title, you can't leave them on the main page.


Weird. **

1.29.2010

Prayer

I love "Unanswered Prayers."
Not just the Garth Brooks song, the real kind.
Most prayers, in my experience, are "unanswered," in a sense.
I get an answer, but it usually is not the one I was hoping for, and sometimes I don't even realize when I do receive an answer.

While sometimes disappointing,
I am so glad that my Father in Heaven knows better than I do the course my life should take.

With that being said...

Sometimes there are the prayers that "I really just need to go my way."
These are few, and far between, but they exist. I pray over and over and over in hopes of getting MY ANSWER.




Recently I have needed help.
I know what I needed, but getting there would be impossible without help.
I needed MY answer on not just one but two really big, important issues.

My whole family was praying for me.
My mom prayed so much she said a prayer to apologize for sounding like she was begging.
Cute Mom.
In the end, I did get MY answer, to both issues.

I'm so thankful for the power of prayer, a Father in Heaven who hears and answers them, and for the love and support of my family.

Now with a weight off my my shoulders, I can breathe a huge sigh of relief, and say another prayer... One of gratitude.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so tell me what you think!