** UPDATE: COMMENTS ARE WORKING! Just click the individual post title, you can't leave them on the main page.


Weird. **

2.11.2011

Miss Priss Poll | February 11



1. Mood:  Energized!  Well, actually, after a week of not sleeping and working late hours, I'm pretty exhausted. "You look like crap," was the greeting I got upon arriving at work this morning.  Thanks...  In spite of it all, I'm determined to keep a positive attitude.  If I tell myself I am full of energy, maybe it will happen!  It worked when I was little and caught the Sunday Flu.  "Mom, I dont' feel good enough to go to church today," and BAM!  It would backfire would really get sick.

2. When things get stressful, how do you keep a level head?  I laugh.  I really try not get stressed in the first place, but lately I notice that I'm clinching my teeth a lot which means, I'm feeling stress whether or not I choose to acknowledge it.  Since the weather is getting "warmer," (if that's what I can call it), I like to go outside, jump around, and make a fool of myself with some co-workers... this brings on lots of laughter.  Laughing is amazing for our health, it's an ab workout, muscle relaxer and pretty-fier all in one!

3. What are you reading right now?  I am currently reading Biochemistry 7th Edition, as well as Ecology 5th Edition.  Fascinating.

4. Three simple pleasures?  Clean sheets, mail that's not bills, sunshine.

5. What’s one beauty trend you’d like to try? Orange lipstick.  I know it sounds crazy, but it was worn all over the Spring fashion show runways.  I think if done correctly it looks more like a pretty coral.  MAC has a pretty color called "Morange," and it's perfect, because the name is kind of a cross between Morgan & Orange!

6. Is there anything you’d tell yourself of five years ago?  Stay focused.  Don't get caught up in things that will make you forget who you are, your goals, or the quirks that make you unique.  Oh and keep dancing, you'll really miss it.

7. When no one is looking I… Pick my wedgies... look, this is not a proud moment, but you asked...

8. If we were to open your closet right now, what would we find?  Well, not a whole lot.  Seriously, my closet threw up all over my bedroom floor, I hate to admit it, but it's true.  I'm so organized and pulled together in most aspects of my life but clothing/closet is not one of them.  My closet itself is a hot mess, I keep meaning to overhaul it, because maybe if my closet looks nice, I'll want to hang up my clothes rather than throw them on the floor.  I'd like build shelves, add racks, baskets, etc., but I just can't seem to find the time...

9. Hair up or down?  Hmmm.... I usually wear it down, but once I get home for the evening, or if i'm just hanging out, the above pictured hairdo is usually in place.  As to which is better, I can't decide, it's like asking me to choose between making out with  Henry Cavill and Jake Gyllenhaal.

10. Weekly goals: Study study study.  I have 2 exams on Wednesday, and I'm feeling a little unprepared...  Good thing I have the weekend to get back on track.  And again, paint my toenails/finger nails, they're baaad.

You know how embarrassing it is when you show up to a party somewhere and you're wearing the exact same thing as someone else?  That happened to me today; only I didn't go to a party, I just came to work.  Today, I am wearing the same sweater and leggings combo as The Daybook. What can I say, great minds think alike, only her mind looks much cuter.  We didn't run into each other in real life, but the photos are on the Internet forever as proof that we are twins.  I do have to say, though that I love this sweater because it feels like a giant blanket.  The down side to wearing a Sunggie on casual Friday?  The ruffles in it kind of make me look like I have saggy-tube-sock-granny-boobs.  Lame.

Anyway, Happy Friday!  Is everyone excited for the weekend?  I am!  My brain quit working at about nine o'clock this morning.  Did anyone do anything fun this week, or does anyone have some AWESOME plans for this weekend?  I feel like between work and school I'm in a "My-life-is-pretty-boring" rut.  Please share your exciting stories, and I'll just live vicariously through you!


Your Turn
You know what to do!  Copy the survey, fill it out and paste in the comments, or on your blog.  Be sure to leave a link in the comments so I can read yours!
1. Mood:
2. When things get stressful, how do you keep a level head?
3. What are you reading right now?
4. Three simple pleasures?
5. What’s one beauty trend you’d like to try?
6. Is there anything you’d tell yourself of five years ago?
7. When no one is looking I…
8. If we were to open your closet right now, what would we find?
9. Hair up or down?
10. Weekly goals:


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so tell me what you think!