** UPDATE: COMMENTS ARE WORKING! Just click the individual post title, you can't leave them on the main page.


Weird. **

6.30.2010

Bright Pink Lips

Bright lips, like Zoolander's Hansel are "so hot right now,"  not to mention a nice break from the everyday-ordinary-vanilla-neutral lip colors we all wear.  I once thought, "I could never pull that off,"  so in true Me fashion, I tried anyway.  All it takes to pull of a trend, is the confidence to do so... Well, that and knowing what else to wear with it.


With a bold lip, it's important to keep the rest of the face simple.  1940's Pin Up Girls, in all of their Red-Lipped-Glory, wore very light eyeshadow and blush, anything more and they would end up looking like Mimi from the Drew Carey show.

To get my eyeshadow look, I've put together a slide show:


Get the flash player here: http://www.adobe.com/flashplayer

1.  I first used Bare Minerals Brightening Eye Primer all over my eyelid.

2.  Next, I applied a highlight.  I used the highlight powder that came in my Milani Eyebrow Kit, and applied it underneath my eyebrow and on the inner corner of my eye.


3. Using the Kat Von D Memento Mori eyeshadow pallet, I applied Agatha Pink {a shimmery peach} all over my eyelid, and on the inner half of my lower lash line.

4.  I then put Meditation {a light shimmery bronze from the same palette} along the crease of my eye, and on my lower orbital bone.

5.  Using Sugar Skull {a shimmery beige} I blended out my crease color into the highlight I applied in step 2.

6.   Then I went in with MAC's Woodwinked {A shimmery, warm, light golden brown} on my outer V, and brought down to the outer half of my lower lash line.

7.  I went back in with Meditation and blended the upper edge of the outer V, mostly to soften and lighten the color.

8. I then applied my eyeliner.  Today, I used Revlon Colorstay liquid liner on my upper lashline, and tried a "winged" liner for the first time.  I'm kind of crazy about how it turned out!  Then I took the Revlon Colorstay eyeliner (the cream pencil thing) and put it on my upper and lower waterlines.  THEN, I took a pencil brush and MAC's woodwinked, and swept a little over my liquid liner to soften the harsh line.

 9.  Lastly I applied a volumizing black mascara. 


I used Two Faced Papa Don't Peach blush on my cheeks and then decided everything was neutral enough for my hot pink lips!

I started with NYX lipliner in Pinky.  Then I used Revlon's colorburst lipstick in Fuchsia {I always want to spell it Fuschia}.  If Fuchsia is a little too dramatic, try Carnation, it's a little more subdued, but still a perfect pink.  Lastly I topped everything with a hot pink lip gloss



Tada!  There it is, a cool look for a hot summer!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so tell me what you think!