** UPDATE: COMMENTS ARE WORKING! Just click the individual post title, you can't leave them on the main page.


Weird. **

6.02.2010

5 Minute Summer Makeup

It has come to my attention, that a lot of people who read my blog would like me to do more makeup tutorials.  This morning, I decided to wear a "Natural-Beachy" but "with a pop-of-fun" make up look.  It is super easy, and I only used 7 products, but you can get away with only using 5!!!  I LOVE how it turned out! 

PS I have NEVER IN MY LIFE worn my hair parted down the middle, and only did so today, because I let it air dry last night.  I have a natural center cowlick, and rather fight it before school today, I went with it.  I'm kind of loving how I have "Jennifer-Aniston-hair."





Products Used:

1.  NYX single eyeshadow in Sahara
2.  Two Faced Sun Bunny Bronzer
3.  Milani Color Brilliance Eye Pencil in 02 Aqua
4.  Bare Escentuals Big & Bright Eyeliner in Intense Black
5.  Maybelline Colossal Volume Express Mascara in Glam Black
6.  Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips in Waikiki Strip
7.  NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss in Perfect



How to Get the Look:


  1. Using a fluffy eyeshadow brush, sweep a light, shimmery, skin toned eyeshadow from your lash line to your eyebrow, and slightly underneath your eye.  I used Sahara from NYX ($3.50 at CherryCulture.com) but another option is MAC's Naked Lunch ($14.50 at MAC.com)

  2. Using a fluffy dome brush, take a matte bronzer and sweep the bronzer into your crease using back and forth motions.  I used Two Faced Caribbean in a Compact Sun Bunny Bronzer (the lighter shade), $27 at Sephora, and then darkened it up with Bare Minerals' Faux Tan, $18 at Sephora, (which I also used on my forehead, cheeks, and chin).

  3. Line your top lash line with an aqua/turquoise eyeliner, making the line a little thicker on the outer corner of your eye.  Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencils in Flipside, or Electric ($17 at Ulta) are good alternatives.

  4. Optional step:  Using a smooth, gel formula black eyeliner, line your top and bottom water lines.  Some people line completely around their eyes, and that's fine.  I usually line the top about 2/3 from the outer corner (it tickles SO GOOD), and the bottom about 1/3 of the way in.  Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencil in Zero is awesome, so are the Milani Liquif'eye Metallic Eyeliner Pencils, which come in both black and aqua (about $6 at drugstores).  Cargo also just released it's Get Wet Kit, complete with Waterproof Mascara, 3 Waterproof eyeliners (green, purple & turquoise) and a water resistant bronzer! $39 at Ulta.

  5. Curl lashes and 2 coats of a volumizing mascara.  I love Maybelline's Colossal Volume Express in the yellow tube (I think it's 14X volume), it's one of my favorites.

  6. Using the same bronzer you used for your eyes, apply across cheekbones as a brush.  I chose to go with a shimmery bronzer for my cheeks instead.

  7. Apply a sheer pink lipgloss.  NYX has tons of great colors, just make sure to use one that isn't creamy, summer equals sheer.  Cover Girl also has tons of great, inexpensive options.  I really like their Wet Slicks glosses, the raspberry would be perfect for this look.
TADA!  Summer-fied!


post signature

3 comments:

  1. You pull off bright colors so well, I'd love to hear what you used for your turquoise eyeshadow a couple posts back. I love both looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. I just started wearing "color" on St. Patrick's Day. I wasn't sure if I could wear it, and so I just said, "Whatev, I'm wearing it!" Anyway, I just posted the list of stuff I was wearing in that post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you look so great! I love your hair!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so tell me what you think!