** UPDATE: COMMENTS ARE WORKING! Just click the individual post title, you can't leave them on the main page.


Weird. **

1.14.2011

Baby It's Cold
Outside! Part 2

Now that we're So Fresh and So Clean Clean, let's talk about post- shower Winterizing.

Photobucket

  1. Look for body lotions that have Glycerin listed as one of its first 3 ingredients. Also, choose a body lotion with an SPF, just because it’s not hot doesn’t mean it’s not sunny. Vitamins A and E are also excellent ingredients in winter lotions. Dove and Aveeno both make FANTASTIC, affordable lotions. Apply your lotion right after your shower while your skin is still damp, and anytime throughout the day.
    a. Aveeno 24 Hour Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion
  2. I think just about everyone uses Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturizer, right? Well that’s fine for Las Vegans during Spring-Fall, but in the Winter we need something a little heavier. However, stay away from anti-aging formulas this time of year as they are very drying. Dove Deep Moisture is awesome, and has an SPF 15.
    a. Dove Deep Moisture Facial Lotion
  3. My poor little lips are the only spot on our bodies that don't have sweat or oil glands, leaving them extra sensitive to dry winter air. Exfoliate flaky lips by applying some Vaseline and lightly brushing them with a toothbrush in a circular motion. Wipe clean with a tissue and apply a lip balm. My favorites are Burt’s Bees and Softlips. Learn to love your lip balm {pretend we're in middle school and it's Bonnie Bell,} and use it often, like when you’re waiting at a red light or watching TV.
    a. Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip Balm
    b. Softlips Lip Protectant SPF 20
  4. Hot showers, blow dryers, and central can really leave my hair looking like straw.  More so than ever it needs moisture to keep looking healthy and shiny.  I like to use a daily leave in conditioner, which I mist on just the ends, since my hair can be oily.  I also put about six drops of argon oil throughout my ends for a little extra conditioning.  The oil doesn't make my hair "oily" (which is crazy because everything makes my oily hair oily) but it adds moisture, protection from breakage and shine.
    a. Even though, in the winter, my tootsies are usually protected from the elements inside of closed toed shoes/boots, they can still get very dry and crackly (especially my heels).  Before putting on my tights or socks, I give the old dogs a good rub down with a foot cream.  These creams differ from regular lotion because they are really thick.  Our feet can sweat up to a pint of sweat everyday, so a cream will absorb into the skin, and stay there, where a lotion may sweat off.  One of my photography clients got me a really good one from Bath and Body Works.
    a. 
    It's unfortunate that my hands can't always be sung inside my mittens, and because of this, my cuticles can look a mess!  After slathering my hands up with a lotion I give my cuticles a little extra hydration with some cuticle cream. 
    a. 

3 comments:

  1. Hey Miss Morgan!
    I discovered your blog yesterday, and I have to admit- I have read almost every single post on this entertaining website! Keep up the amazing work!
    love Ana

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anna

    Hi Anna!
    Thanks so much for the lovely comment. I'm glad to have you here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Softlips lip balm! I apply lip balm/chapstick/gloss like crazy - It seems that most products either go on feeling waxy if you apply frequently or leave your lips feeling dryer than before, but softlips keeps them nice and supple. I bought a cranberry balm from The Body Shop recently and unfortunately, while it smells incredible, it goes on super pale and opaque leaving me looking like a member of a late 90s girl group :)
    Have you ever tried Aveeno's shower oil? It's one of my new favorite products! My skin is very dry and sensitive, so in the winter I alternate between this cleansing oil and Dove's moisturizing wash. It really helps seal in moisture and fend off my winter alligator legs :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so tell me what you think!