** UPDATE: COMMENTS ARE WORKING! Just click the individual post title, you can't leave them on the main page.


Weird. **

1.02.2011

Tres Anos

Three years ago today, BF and I went on our first date.  I don't remember where, but he does.  He always remembers stuff like that.  At the time, I was not interested in dating seriously.  So for the first year or so we dated, we were not exclusive (but that's how all dating should be...).  He was very patient with me and persistent.  He told me that I was what he wanted, so he'd wait.  I'm glad he did, because today, he is my very best friend!

He is laughs when I laugh, makes me laugh when I cry, and again when I complain, all the while smiling and telling me he loves me.  He is still patient with my impatients, my lateness, and at certain times of the month when I am a little crazy.  He has been ready to get married for a long time, but again, is patient with me because I want nothing to do with it.

After three years, I still love holding his hand everywhere we go, I love his smooches, and he gives the best hugs in the world.  He tells me I have a horrible singing voice, but always lets me sing in the car because he knows I like to.  He rubs my feet when they hurt, he takes the credit when I toot out loud, and he defends me against my brothers when they pick on me.  He lets me give him manicures, and tweeze his uni-brow, because he knows I don't have sisters to play salon with.

He is clean.  I am messy.
He is usually right.  I am usually wrong.
I am ticklish, he is not, and he uses it as weapon against me.
He thinks I'm beautiful even with a face full of zits, no concealer, bed hair and morning breath.
He lets me know when I'm being ridiculous (which is most of the time) and loves that I'm a little goofy.

And for all these reasons, and so many more... I ♥ my hunny.





post signature

3 comments:

I love comments, so tell me what you think!