** UPDATE: COMMENTS ARE WORKING! Just click the individual post title, you can't leave them on the main page.


Weird. **

1.11.2011

Keep Calm & Carry On

"A man can get discouraged many times but he is not a failure until he stops trying."
-John Burroughs

I wanted to thank everyone so much for their encouraging comments and e-mails yesterday.  Sometimes it is so easy to feel discouraged when life doesn't go just how it is supposed to, but remembering that I do have some control over the situation has been very helpful. 

Yesterday afternoon, I took a quick break from working and took a little walk.  I took deep breaths, enjoyed the beautiful scenery, said a quick prayer, and decided to make a plan.  I am going to go back to school next week, and I am going to graduate.  Maybe I don't get to take a full course load, but I am taking the "most important classes," because that's what I can afford with only a week's notice. 
I'm determined more than ever to finish.  This little "set back" is actually a blessing in disguise I think, for a few reasons. 

1.  Because I now have to pay for school without any help, I will not have student loans dangling over my head, waiting to be paid when I'm "older."

2.  Graduating really scares me.  I am still not entirely sure what I want to do, although I have a good idea.  Graduating means making a decision, sticking to it, and ultimately being a grown up!

I am sticking to my "resolution" about changing my attitude, and not letting this devastator become a motivator.  Take that!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so tell me what you think!