** UPDATE: COMMENTS ARE WORKING! Just click the individual post title, you can't leave them on the main page.


Weird. **

1.16.2011

Baby It's Cold Outside
Part 3


  1. As previously mentioned, keep water luke warm when washing your hands, and apply lotion after every hand washing…. and whenever your hands feel chappy. I keep a little bottle of Neutrogena Hand Cream in my purse. It’s $3 at CVS, and hey, if it’s good enough for Arctic Fishermen, it’s good enough for me. Seriously though, I’ve used it for about 10 years, it’s awesome.
    a. Neutrogena Hand Cream Norwegian Formula
  2. I love winter clothes but pulling layers of knit and fleece clothing over my head can reek havoc on my hair. Scuffing and shuffling my feet in winter boots doesn’t help either. I use Sunsilk’s Anti-Static Mist before I blow-dry my hair, and spray it on throughout the day whenever my hair gets a little unruly. It’s a nice light formula that doesn’t flatten my hair (heaven forbid my hair isn't huge) or “wash out” my curls. If you can’t find this (I bought it 2 years ago at Walgreens, I haven’t seen it advertised, so I don’t know if they still carry it) another option is to carry dryer sheets in your purse, I keep a few in a little Ziploc snack bag. Just one light swipe over my locks leaves them static free. Warning: don’t over-do it or your hair will look greasy.
  3. A recent product I’ve started using is waterproof eyeliners. I don’t know why but every morning as soon as I step outside my eyes begin to water, and they don’t stop until I go to bed. The cold dry air kills me! I don’t like eye drops because they make my makeup run… Yes, I’m ridiculous. Waterproof eyeliner is amazing! I rub the tears away all day and it stays put!
    a. Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner in Black Brown
  4. Speaking of makeup, I switch from foundation to a tinted moisturizer. My skin appreciates the lighter formula and extra moisture. Laura Mercier has a great one, and even a separate line for oily skin, Neutrogena’s Healthy Skin Enhancer is a nice alternative.
    a.  Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer
    b. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer in Light to Neutral
  5. Normally, my biggest makeup concern  is finding makeup that will last all day on my combination/oily skin.  In the winter, however, my skin feels so dry, that my long lasting makeup turns cakey and looks like a dried up river bed.  For a quick refresher in the afternoon I like to spray myself with a moisturizer which can revive my skin and leave me looking dewy.
    a. MAC Fix +
    b. Urban Decay Dew Me Moisturizing Makeup Setting Spray

Extras

  1. As always, drink plenty of water. Water is your personal army against dry winter air because it hydrates your skin from the inside.
  2. Some people like to sleep with a humidifier on a low setting which creates extra moisture in the air. Try closing the bedroom door to lock in moisture.  I can't sleep with nose they make, even if it is a perfect soft-buzz that puts most people to sleep, but they do come in some cute designs these days.
    a. Crane Dragon Humidifier

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so tell me what you think!